How to Get Your Data — Downloading from a 3M Edge Noise Dosimeter
To download your data you will need to have QuestSuite Pro II or Detection
Management Software installed.
Five Easy Steps
- Decide if you want two or three virtual dosimeters.
- For two: Install
QuestSuite Pro II
- For three: Install 3M Detection Management Software
- Attach the dosimeter dock to your computer, and install the required driver.
- Select “Install a Recommended Driver” (You don’t need to search the Windows Update for this.)
- Windows will find the right driver from your 3M software installation, already on your PC.
- Put your dosimeter on the dock, and power it on. Do NOT push the Play button. For downloads, the dosimeter needs to be on, but not running/measuring.
- Download the data to your PC.
- In your software, go to My Instruments>Acoustics>Edge.
- Click the [Retrieve Data] button. Choose [Select All], or
pick a specific dosimeter's information.
- Click the [Download] button. When you're done, the software will
tell you the download was successful.
- At the prompt "Do you want to clear the data?" choose yes or no.
(3M recommends clearing the data after it's stored on your PC.)
For more information, see pages 8 and 9 of the
Tour: Using Edge Noise Dosimeters with QuestSuite II Software.
To create an archiveable report of your session, right-click on the session folder and select “Print Session” from the menu.
- Select everything you need under Generate Report. This puts your report in the folder structure.
- Right-click the report and select Save As… to save the file to your desired location.